Improving productivity and efficiency is the ultimate goal for all businesses. For an organization to be successful, it must have happy employees who are happy and willing to come to work each day. But, most business owners are not aware of the little things that have a detrimental effect on the productivity of the organization and the overall efficiency. One of the innocuous things that can affect the productivity of the employees is the office furniture. Let’s find out how office furniture and its layout affects employee productivity.
1. Have the best available office chairs: Office chairs provided by the management has an impact on the productivity of the employees. If you have the best available ergonomic office chairs, it means more comfortable office employees throughout the working day. It means fewer breaks for easing the pain and stretching the legs. It also means fewer complaints about neck and back issues that can hurt the employee attendance rate. The employees who maintain the right posture will have an easier time staying awake and remain alert throughout the day. If the overall productivity of the company is to be boosted you need ergonomic office chairs.
2. Have proper lighting to improve the atmosphere: Selecting the proper office lighting has a great impact on productivity. Harsh or dim lights will reduce productivity and the morale of the employee. Bad lighting results in eyestrain and headaches. The best available lighting fixtures make it easier on the eyes of the employees. This also reduces the stress at the workplace as the employees can read, write, and communicate easily. Natural light also has a positive effect on the mood of the employee.
3. Office furniture workspace: The office furniture also depends on workplace functionality. Business owners have to select office furniture that creates an easily navigable workplace. The ease of movement in the office means it is easier for the employees to collaborate. It is possible to save money on the office furniture by buying it from used furniture dealers. It gives an affordable option for upgrading the office space. Proper utilization of office space means better employee communication and better productivity as a result.
4. Have proper office storage solutions: If you have great office storage facilities, it can improve productivity. The effective office filing system, for example, eliminates the time wasted in trying to find out what is required. Employees can work better when they do not have to spend 20 minutes searching around dis-organized file cabinets and drawers trying to find a single document. These 10 minutes here and 20 there searching for misplaced office supplies can result in lost hours in terms of employee productivity. You can have overhead storage compartments, proper desk pedestals, and sufficient space for the employees to store their personal and office items.
5. A green atmosphere: If you place a plant in a work area, it may affect the productivity of the employees. It is a great contribution to office design. The human spaces report mentions that natural elements improve productivity by 6%. Plants apart from absorbing the carbon dioxide also absorb unwanted noise.
6. Get perfect colors: The colors for office furniture that motivate productivity are white, red, blue, green, orange, and yellow. These colors do not need to be used on furniture or the walls but they can be utilized for office accessories.
The office furniture design should include technological equipment with furniture without having a detrimental effect on productivity. You may have experienced stress because the computers in the office are slow. So, you must have the latest generation devices for doing the job comfortably. If you need help from professionals for any of these procedures, you need to get in touch with Quality Installers who can design, plan and install office furniture.
Picture Credit: Unsplash