Ergonomics is the study of helping people perform better whether they’re at home, work, or play. This has become a popular topic in today’s workplace because it’s known to help improve employees’ performance and well-being. In fact, one study even shows that working in an office that doesn’t have ergonomic office furniture can be just as bad on your health as it is to be a smoker. Of course, there are many other great benefits you can reap here as well.
The Benefits of Having Ergonomic Office Furniture in Your Workplace
There are many benefits to this furniture that often get overlooked. Some of the ones you’ll want to pay attention to include:
- Ergonomics improves physical safety in the workplace. Remember, accidents occur suddenly and unexpectedly. For instance, you never know when you may trip or fall. However, when everything in your office has a place and it’s kept in its place the number of accidents will be greatly decreased.
- When proper ergonomics are use your employees will be able to prevent musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs). This goes over and beyond simply reducing accidental injuries. It will prevent your employees from developing injuries that are caused by repeatedly repeating the same movements. One type of ergonomic office furniture that does this is well-fitted, fully-adjustable chairs.
- By moving throughout the day your employees’ long-term health and well-being will be much better. The best way to offer this to your employees is by giving them a fully height-adjustable desk. This will allow your employees to stand and do some of their work and thus decreases the likelihood of them developing lower back or circulation problems.
- You’ll reap a great return on your investment here because you’ll see an improvement in your employees’ performance and their motivation too. Of course, the mere fact that you’re preventing serious injuries from happening in your workplace will save you tons of money when you factor in how expensive it is to lose productivity, pay more for healthcare for your employees, sort through workers’ compensation claims, and possibly even face increased insurance premiums.
- When you have differently abled persons in your office, ergonomics is a great way to easily address their needs. Even if there aren’t any disabilities present in your office, there are still many differences there because no two people are ever built the same. Everyone comes in a different shape and size. Unfortunately, this isn’t something that traditional office furniture ever paused to think about. Instead, it was all built the exact same way. However, with ergonomic chairs and desks your employees can now be more comfortable at their workstations because they can move these items around in ways that makes them feel better being seated for longer periods of time.
When you’re ready to introduce ergonomic office furniture into your workplace reach out to Quality Installers. Over the years they’ve helped many offices incorporate ergonomic furniture into the work environment and reap the benefits of doing so. Your office deserves the best so call them today.
Picture Credit: StartupStockPhotos